It’s great to have some positive news for you about Club Activities moving forward from the 29th March 2021.
British Cycling has advised that from the 29th March, the following rules will apply:
- British Cycling-affiliated Club rides or recreation programme rides for up to 15 participants (or limited to relevant leader/rider ratios), on highways, trails and tracks.
- Outdoor coach-led club training and coaching for all ages. Numbers to be determined by a coach’s qualification.
- Indoor coaching for under-18s and disabled people, subject to facility access.
- Outdoor club, local and regional competition and challenge events, such as sportives, across a range of disciplines. This will be subject to guidance set out in The Way Forward.
- Indoor regional competition for under-18s and disabled people, subject to facility access.
- Private provision of education courses limited to six people, delivered outdoors.
What this means for KCC members is that The Cyclones program can restart and separate messages will be sent out to everybody who needs to be updated about these activities.
It also means that from the 4th April our Sunday club runs initially in groups of 6 will return. In addition to this we are working on creating a strong Time Trial program that we hope to publish in the not too distant future.
As the year develops other activities will be possible and we’ll keep you updated at each step of the way forward.
Just as we did during 2020 we’ll be using SignUp Genius to help us manage Club Rides and TT’s. It proved very useful last year and it helps us comply with various rules that are in place. You’ll be able to access it via the web site as usual and we’ll be using FaceBook to notify you when appropriate.
It’s been a challenging few months for the whole country and exercise, particularly cycling, has helped to keep people physically and mentally fit and strong. The news means that, providing that the nation keeps driving down Covid infections through the NHS vaccination program and following the guidelines in place, we can look forward to building on our strengths and enjoy being able to meet and ride with our friends and fellow competitors in the weeks and months ahead.
I look forward to seeing you out on your bike soon.