Why be a member of KCC?
Here are just a few of the many great reasons to join Kettering Cycling Club
- The club promotes the healthy sport of cycling locally and runs over 80+ events per year.
- We’re affiliated to all the major cycling organisations, giving our members to a range of benefits and offers:
British Cycling – KCC membership gives you cheaper BC membership, this can be worth the KCC joining fee on its own!
Cycling Time Trials – to ride open time trials you’ll need to join an affiliated club like ours
Cycling UK / Cyclists Touring Club – organised events and campaigning to improve conditions for all cyclists
- Plus, a host of other groups, giving KCC members priority entry to numerous road racing, time trialling and cyclocross competitions:
Northants & District Cycling Association
Northants Cycle Racing Association
British Schools Cycling Association
Milton Keynes Cycling Association
Central Cyclocross League
Eastern Counties Cycling Association
- Reduced entry fees for club events – many of our events are free, but for those where we charge members pay less.
- Our offering to under 16’s, is called Kettering Cyclones and offers a great introduction to cycling with extensive activities, run by our BC-qualified coaches in safe off-road locations, getting the kids healthy and away from the TV and computer games.
- It’s much cheaper than a gym membership.
- Monthly club newsletter.
- The more members we have the more scope there is for social activities (club nights, walks, trips to track events, trips abroad and training camps).
- Discounts in a variety of local bike shops and some other companies for KCC members.
Above all we’re a welcoming and inclusive club – don’t be put off if you haven’t ridden much in the past, we’ve all had to start somewhere! Whatever your level you’ll be greeted with lots of encouragement and maybe even some inspiration.