Please read before completing the consent form.
Parental Consent Notes
1. It is part of the British Cycling Code of Conduct to ensure that reasonable steps are taken to establish a safe environment where young people can enjoy developing their cycling skills.
2. Parents/guardians/carers are welcome to stay and watch the session but this is not compulsory.
3. Young people are expected to remain in the session from beginning to end unless they have to leave early. If the young person has to leave early or is being collected by someone other than the parent/carer, the coach must be informed of the details of the arrangement, including who will be collecting the rider.
4. It is the young person’s responsibility to participate in cycling activities in a sporting manner.
5 Any young riders who persistently misbehave or put others in danger will be asked to leave the session.
6. It is the parent/carer’s responsibility to ensure that their child’s bike is in a safe condition to ride.
7. A correctly fitting cycling helmet must be worn at all times during the cycling activity sessions.
8. For all children under 12 years, coaching sessions will take place at a traffic-free facility. Over 12s may be involved in coaching sessions that take place on the public highway. Young people are only invited to take part when the coaches feel they are sufficiently responsible for their own actions and have developed the necessary bike handling skills and fitness levels in order to cope with riding on the public highways.
- By completing this completed form, I agree to the child(ren) named above taking part in the activities of the club.
- I understand that I will be kept informed of these activities – for example timing and transport details.
- I understand that in the event of any injury or illness all reasonable steps will be taken to contact me, and to deal with that injury/illness appropriately.
If you have any concerns about the child participating in any form of physical activity please consult your GP before giving permission for them to take part in cycling activity sessions.
Parental Consent Form
For anyone under 16, the declaration below must be completed by a parent or guardian. Please see notes above for more details.