A message from the Chairman.
KCC Club Activity from November 5th to December 2nd
After some discussion between various sporting federations and the government it has been confirmed this afternoon that there will be no exceptions to the rules regarding amateur sports during the England wide lockdown that is due to come into force at midnight tonight. That means that between now and December 2nd all club activity will unfortunately be suspended.
The government has been quite clear that they see exercise as an important part of maintaining good physical and mental health during the lockdown and is encouraging people to exercise responsibly whenever they can provided the rules below are followed:
- Only ride alone, with those in your household/support bubble, or with one person from another household. If you are riding with a person from another household, you must only ever ride as a pair. For example, two riders from the same household cannot ride in a group of three with a person from another household, unless all are part of the same support bubble.
- Stay two metres apart from anybody not from your household/support bubble.
- If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating, are sharing a household /support bubble with somebody with symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace, you should stay at home.
- There are no restrictions on how far or how often you can ride, however we recommend that you stay within your ability level and prepare accordingly, especially if you are riding alone.
- For essential journeys, the Government is encouraging people to cycle or walk where possible.
If, like I will be once I’m out of my own quarantine period, you do want to ride out then please respect the rules and stay safe. I’d also encourage you all to wave to your fellow cyclists or just shout “Hi”, whatever they’re riding. I know that it’s always appreciated.
Keep safe and Ride safe