KCC club group rides are suspended after this afternoon’s announcement that Northamptonshire enters Tier 4 from midnight tonight, 30th December.
What does this mean for our club activities and those of you who are still enjoying winter cycling?
We are guided by the British Cycling website that provides guidance on activities.
In summary we can’t have club rides, so as of midnight all of the organised club rides will be suspended. However, whilst we can’t ride in groups of more than 2, we can still exercise and we encourage you to continue to keep active and enjoy your cycling, consider your route and the impact on others, staying responsible and safe.
The government guidelines for our area can be read here:
The rules are very much those experienced in lockdown.
The government has been quite clear that they see exercise as an important part of maintaining good physical and mental health during the lockdown and is encouraging people to exercise responsibly whenever they can provided the rules below are followed:
- Only ride alone, with those in your household/support bubble, or with one person from another household. If you are riding with a person from another household, you must only ever ride as a pair. For example, two riders from the same household cannot ride in a group of three with a person from another household, unless all are part of the same support bubble.
- Stay two metres apart from anybody not from your household/support bubble.
- If you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms, are self-isolating, are sharing a household /support bubble with somebody with symptoms, or have been told to self-isolate after being contacted by NHS Test and Trace, you should stay at home.
- There are no restrictions on how far or how often you can ride, however we recommend that you stay within your ability level and prepare accordingly, especially if you are riding alone.
- For essential journeys, the Government is encouraging people to cycle or walk where possible.
Keep safe and ride safe